Saturday 27 December 2014

Rick Riordan

(This is a late post, I forgot to post this when I finished the book ((three months ago)) 

   Aside from John Green, Rick Riordan is, in my opinion, the best author on planet earth (and Olympus). Rick Riordan has been one of my favorite authors (and best friends) since fifth grade. I remember accidentally reading the third book in the series before the others. I read 2 chapters and was instantly fascinated in the world of Greek Mythology. Percy, Annabeth, Grover, Thalia, and NICO (yes, we have the same name) were also my best friends. Journeying with them, fighting monsters, saving the world, keeping the Titans in check, fueled my happiness. They made the world a better place, both in the book and for me. 

   Not too long ago, we were shopping at Target and found The Lost Hero. I remember being super bummed out because I had just finished reading Rick's first Percy Jackson series. After reading a really good book, almost every reader asks the question, "What do I do with my life now?!?". I had this predicament. After skimming through the book and seeing ANNABETH on the top of several pages, I immediately begged my mom to buy it for me. And she did. I got carried away. I waited every year for the next book. I met new friends Jason, Piper, Leo, Frank, and Hazel. We went on lots of adventures and saved the world countless times. 

   Recently, Rick ended the second (and final) Percy Jackson Series. Leaving me with Post Percy Depression (yes, that's a thing). I just wanted to say thank you to Rick Riordan for the great times and new friends, thanks for the unforgettable adventures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment