Saturday 10 January 2015

Alaska Day!

   Ten years ago today John Green wrote one of my favorite books, Looking For Alaska. 

   After TFIOS I asked myself the question almost all readers ask themselves after reading a really good book: "what do I do with my life now?!?". After finding out that Hazel dies a year after Gus I fell into a funk. Yes, a funk. Just like the McKinley High Glee Club did when Vocal Adrenalin tried to freak them out before regionals. Looking For Alaska helped me get out of that funk. It also gave me four new friends. Pudge, The Colonel, Alaska, and Takumi. They brought out my inner teenager and showed me that life isn't always what you want it to be. You have your good days and you have your bad days. Miles Halter leaves his mom and dad for Culver Creek Boarding School. He "Goes to seek a Great Perhaps". Sound familiar? It's my tag line. Well, sort of: Seeking my Great Perhaps. Anyways, he feels that he won't find his Great Perhaps where he is right now, so he decides to move. At Culver Creek he meets (his roommate) Chip, mainly known as The Colonel. The Colonel introduces Miles (who is now known as Pudge) to Alaska. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart. That's all I'm going to say about it because I don't want to spoil it for you. I would very much recommend it. 

   I also just found out that The Fault In Our Stars was published three years ago today! Thank you John Green for being such an amazing author. You have changed me for the better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment