Saturday 24 January 2015

Nostalgia?

   I guess you can say Ive been feeling a little nostalgic lately. This week I've had dreams of the past. Old memories bombarding my head, filling my thoughts and launching me to the past. The past, isn't it funny how time flies? Yesterday is already considered the past. Time literally does fly.

   This past week I've had pretty interesting dreams. One night I was with my cousins at the beach, the other I was playing soccer with my third grade coaches. It makes me happy remembering these things, but at the same time it brings a bit of sadness. Nostalgia. However, I have learned to cope with this by distracting my mind. Reading helps, so does music and movies and a bunch of other things. Lately Ive been listening to a lot of Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith. I love how they feel their music and put a lot of emotion into their songs. Sam Smith, for example, literally cried while performing "Stay With Me" at the VMAs. Anyways, I bet you're wondering why I'm blogging about this. Why blog about Nostalgia? Im doing this because I know a lot of people are experiencing this. Im here to tell you that you're not alone. The past is in the past and thats where it will stay. This is a good thing and a bad thing. But the sooner we learn to accept this, the better.

   I went through this mini phase/ labyrinth/ side effect. I want to know how you've dealt with this. Email me nico.belasco@gmail.com . Share your story.

   (Heres a throwback picture, taken at our house in Castro Valley two or three years ago on Thanksgiving. We made a little fort and watched Edward Scissorhands for the first time.)


   

1 comment:

  1. Writing about your experiences is one of the best ways to encapsulate the emotions you felt, so in a way, the moments last forever!:)

    ReplyDelete