Thursday 15 January 2015

Lights, Camera, Action

   Yesterday I was shown around the RS Film Production House! I saw all the different cameras, lights, cords, and so much more! I learned that Filming is actually way harder than it seems. 

   Thanks to my moms friend Peter Kirk, a director based in Australia, I was able to check out the RS Filming Production House. I was showed around by an editor, Ramil. He showed me everything. They had about three rooms filled with cameras and a whole hall specifically for lights. I learned about the Red and Alexa cameras, they're the best, top of the line, used a lot in Hollywood. I also saw someone completely dislodge and reassemble a camera. The settings of their cameras were a lot like the ones on mine so I caught on pretty quick. They had cameras that were so old that iPhone camera quality is better than its own. Can you believe that? Technology advances rapidly! 

   Today was a great experience. I learned a lot about Film Production. Thank you Uncle Peter, Ramil, and Oli for the opportunity! 






No comments:

Post a Comment